Chronische pijn: Know pain door Mike Stewart
Datum en locatie
Over de opleiding
This course will help you develop a range of engaging, practical skills so that you can help people make sense of pain and overcome it. You will learn ways to apply practical solutions to everyday clinical challenges.
- Help people to feel believed by understanding the relationship between pain, perception & behaviour change without them thinking that it’s “all in their head!”
- Learn ways to combine a biopsychosocial approach with your manual therapy and exercise therapy skills.
- Learn creative ways to help people make sense of pain by using interactive experiments involving taste, touch and hearing!
- Become a better teacher. Guide people who become stuck, empower people who feel hopeless, and engage people who feel bored.
- Optimise patient education by expanding your teaching toolkit & applying educational theories to your practice.
- Explore the application of biopsychosocial pain management in sport.
- Develop empathy and build therapeutic connections through an evidence-based awareness of what people in pain want from healthcare professionals.
- Help people to express their experience of living with pain through a range of engaging and empowering communication skills.
- Explore the role of metaphors in healthcare and understand the hidden impact of language on clinical outcomes.
- Integrate practical psychological treatment skills into your rehabilitation by exploring motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness and cognitive bias modification.
- Consider common barriers towards recovery, and explore methods of developing self-efficacy & resilience for people in pain.
- Understand the importance of shared-decision making and develop a collaborative approach to healthcare.
- Explore a variety of patient case studies that give you the opportunity to use what you have learnt before returning to your clinic.
The challenge of successfully managing persistent pain can be one of the most daunting for both clinicians and people in pain who are often frustrated after failed short-term interventions. It is often difficult to understand and explain high and prolonged levels of pain where a traditional tissue based cause is lacking. This course explores a cutting edge, patient centered approach using a variety of practical learning methods to help your patients make sense and overcome their pain. It provides a range of practical applications and innovative learning methods to take into your clinic for immediate results. The course content blends a wide range of contemporary evidence from both educational and healthcare literature. Know Pain courses have been taught in over fifteen countries and have provided a wide range of clinicians around the world with practical skills. Feedback from over 700 people who have attended Know Pain courses has shown that 100% would recommend a Know Pain course to their colleagues, whilst 95% felt more confident when helping people to overcome pain.
MSc BSc (Hons) MCSP
SRP RG Cert (Clin Ed)
Physiotherapist & know pain course tutor
Mike Stewart is a physiotherapist and visiting university lecturer with over twenty years experience of helping people to overcome pain. Mike is a dedicated practice-based educator who is passionate about providing evidence-based education to a wide variety of health professionals. Mike has a Masters degree in Education and is planning a PhD focusing on pain and communication. His published work has received international praise from the leading names in neuroscience.
Cursus start om 9u tot 17u. Aanmelden om 8u30
Prijs voor 3-daagse cursus: €625
Accreditatie kinesitherapeuten: 24 NE
De syllabus, alsook alle koffiepauzes en lunches zijn in de prijs inbegrepen.
De cursus wordt in het Engels gegeven.